Sunday, March 15, 2009

23


Happy Birthday Matt! Oh blessed day!
21 yrs old. Do you feel as perplexed about it as I?

Tomorrow is MY prodigious day.
So not stacked.



What an evening! Made my way over to Scott's house to say "hello". Wade's invitation. Upon arrival I found them playing Death Match Ping Pong. Surpassingly ardent, I've never witnessed welts swell up like cheerios.

Mm Breakfast!

Chatted with Scott the majority of the night about the funeral. He was elsewhere on "business". Vegas. He couldn't believe that Mike didn't return home. It was an intriguing one-on-one convo. Because I never questioned his decision and feelings on the matter (Mike's). It's all about 100% support in whatever situation. In reality, I would have been eye-popping shocked if he'd boarded on a plane ( what an image) and made for the homeland. He (Scott) doesn't understand that there's a bigger picture because he's chosen a alternative path. Who am I to say what's best for my friends?
What a unhappy path. The way I view it.

He thinks that Mike will never see him again.
I know that he will.
He thinks that Mike will regret his decision.
I know that he won't.

For Scott "family is first". But that's exactly how it is for Mikey as well. Only on a much broader scale.

"Well let's switch this up a little. Let's say you pass away, your brother is on a mission doing something that he loves. And more than that- something that he views as being primarily more important than a physical death in his earthly family. Because he's participating in something that will affect others eternally. Would you want him to come home for your funeral?"

"That's different"

"It's exactly the same. You wouldn't want that. You'd want him to finish out what he set out to do. Or are you that selfish?"

"I guess I'm that selfish- but every situation is different."

"But we're speaking about this situation."

"I wouldn't want him to come home."

"My point exactly. And who are you to talk anyways, you didn't even come!"


Persons glancing at this perhaps think it comes across as hostile or blunt. It wasn't. I've never been in a more naked and undisguised relationship then this one that I've developed with Scott. I can speak my mind, and he can do likewise. It was a discussion. We have opposing feelings. We respect that.
It all comes down to love.
No secrets.
It's refreshing to have such an acquaintance.
It's my wish to everyone that they find something like unto this.

Much love to your face Scott- not that you'll ever see this.


21 Reasons Why I Like YOU Matt!

1) You, before anyone else can cause these eyes to wrinkle and tear with joy and giggling.
2) I can count (1, 2, 3) on you to be there. Even if you're 3,000 miles away.
3) You allowed your family to embrace me, and me to embrace your family. (Thank you.)
4) Always up for experiments and trying something new (with me).
5) I've never wrestled with anyone BUT you. And you let me win 98% of the time.
6) Perfect gentlemen when push (dah!) comes to shove(umph!). And there was lots of pushing and shoving :D.
7) "the Office" is OUR favorite show.
8) You didn't get mad when we stole all your clothes and dismantled your bed. You wore the same outfit for 2 weeks. Such a good sport.
9) Because of the prank we pulled on you, you had enough sense to pull one back! I'll never foget the c.a.r.p. (this is not an acronym) on my windshield.
10) You have the 20/80 complex. You're natually good at almost everything, and you don't even realize it.
11) Creative Writing senior year was the best class I took in highschool and that's all because of you! Thanks for graffiting my notebook and writing sarcastic notes on every page. They caused me to laugh when it was almost im...possible to smile about anything that year.
12) You forgave me. ( I still feel terrible, and I'm so sorry for not stopping it sooner.)
13) You're Italian(si?), but you don't mind when I ( and others) call you the little Mexican.
14) Being in your presence makes me feel clever. You keep me on my toes (all 10!), always stretch my imagination. The most monumental ideas that I concieve( like my fleet under the elevator) and follow through with have you behind them in inspiration. (the 1st song I ever wrote (on the piano) "19 In a Red Jacket", the best Valentine I ever made (Wade-o Potatoe), the most involved debate argument I've ever won(Global Warming), the fastest I ever swam my 100 butterfly(1:04), the best day of my life (Feb. 24th 2006), the 2nd best day of my life (June 5th 2008))
15) Your personality dynamics. (thermo.)
16) You stick (like glue) to something once you start it. (I'll never understand how you stayed at Qwest for as long as you did, but I'm SO proud.)
17) You went on a mission. You were so uncertain, but you're out there- doing it!
18) You're love for guacemole and anything spicy.
19) You enjoy the outdoors as much as I do. Thanks for going up the canyon with me.
20) You (like others) are not opposed to taking photos with me. Thanks for being my model, and for letting me dress you up (notice the emphasis on "dress"). It gave my life so much spunka dee spunk!
21) Because we have been through (quite literally) everything. It's been a turbulent road for us. We value that about each other, and appreciate each others take and say on things. Even after a years worth of silence ( a. year.) you responded when I needed you. Thank you for putting stock in this relationship. We need each other. And I LOVE that you understand that, probably better than I do. You're tops in my books!


A wish for you:

Never forget this struggle. Our struggle. It has changed my life eternally, and I know it can be that way for you to. For the good.

No comments:

Post a Comment