Tuesday, April 14, 2009

50

Wow! 50 is quite a number. Some kind of celebration or recognition is needed for this entry.
Maybe I'll make a list... but of what. Names? Ways to make shadow puppets? Shapes? Minerals?
Minerals!!! That's it. I will be thoroughly impressed with myself if I can come up with 50 minerals...

Minerals:
1) Quartz
2) Pyrite
3) Turquoise
4) Graphite
5) Diamond
6) Opal
7) Silver
8) Sulphur
9) Talc
10) Gypsum
.... Oh no.. I don't think I'm going to make it..
11) Apatite
12) Halite
13) Monazite
14) Sanadine
15) Zircon

That's all I got.. I'm still pretty happy with that though.
I'm going to continue this list.. but this time I'm going to start doing rocks. Rock bands! No Classic Rock Bands!- let's see where this list takes me..

16) The Beatles
17) Pink Floyd
18) The Who {yes!}
19) Grateful Dead
20) Rolling Stones
21) Led t' the Zepplin
22) Eagles
23) The Doors
24) The Byrds
25) Fleetwood Mac
26) Def Leppard
27) Van Halen
28) Z Z Top
29) Aerosmith
30) Styx
31) Deep Purple
32) KISS
33) Sex Pistols
34) The Police {mm mm}
.. come on! I know there's more...
35) dah! Blondie!
36) Lynyrd Skynyrd
37) Queen {of course}
38) Ha! Steve Miller Band
39) AC/DC

...I feel good about that. A pretty hearty list.. alright.. now to finish off this litany.. Minerals, Rock Bands.. something that could co-ordinate with these 2 topics.. Elements? Atmospheric Layers.. I'm curious to see how many of those I could get..

40} I think it starts with the Exosphere
41) Exobase
42) Ionosphere
43) Thermopause... Maybe?
44) Thermosphere
45) Mesopause {I always want to write Menopause}
46) Mesosphere
47) Stratopause
48) Stratosphere
49) Then... Oh! The Ozone!
AND
50) Tropopause...

There's 1 or 2 more after that. It makes sense that there would be a Troposphere.. but is there anything after that?? I can't really remember- thank you college for making me memorize all this ... potentially useless information. Maybe one day I really will use it {and then I'll have to bite-ah!- my tongue}-

I only really care about the Exosphere- because that's where I live. :) And everyone else...I guess.

11:23am
It's a cozy days. Lots of dark clouds and rain is waterfalling down my window. Refreshing cleansed air is seeping through the plastic screen and I feel good! Yesterday afternoon mum asked me to go down to Lee's to purchase Crushed Garlic. I didn't really want to go {Because I was absorbed in one of my favorite books: Animal Farm- love it.}, but I'm glad that she made me. On the way home he drove by and honked at me [What?!]. It was a small and somewhat immature gesture, but it was cool to think that he noticed- and that he wanted me to notice him. He said we'd go either last night or on Wed. No phone call last night so I think I'm safe in assuming that the date will be tomorrow night.

Agh!
A date.
Dancing none the less. *Cringes*
I took Swing Dancing in high school, I'm not going to say I hated it.But I definitley didn't put it on my list of "Things That I Do In My Free Time" or "Things That I Enjoy".
And I've found that for me- when it really comes down to it- I enjoy dance without rules. No specific steps or having to follow a beat. [[[Just letting go!]]] That's where I find happiness in the world of dance.
But I'll go, because he enjoys it and I'm interested in him. Plus he promised that if he could teach me this, then I could teach him something new on the next time. Woah.. I just realized that he plans on a 2nd date, and we haven't even been on the first.... Interesting.
I have no idea what I could teach him. To swim? That could be awkward..
A song on the piano? That has potential..
Some kind of meal?

The things I'm good at everyone else can do to: Blinking, walking around,typing, talking. Nothing really new to learn there..

If you guys have any fun date ideas that don't involve a lot of money I would love to hear them.

No comments:

Post a Comment