Sunday, April 12, 2009

49

I finally glimpsed him at church today.
My heart constricted when it happened, and the blood rushed to my face. I wish I just went red like everyone else- instead of purple.
It took the entire sacrament meeting to calm my jittery nerves. And as we sang the closing hymn my voice shook because of my disposition.

The closing prayer ended and I stood up to go to my next class. Oh- and I tripped as well.
He caught my eye- and I watched with pleasure as HIS face suddenly turn crimson. We were a silly matching pair.

We exchanged 7 words and went our different ways. Except that our ways lead to the same sunday school class. I sat in between Jarren and Jeff- He sat up at the front.. with no one beside him. I started kicking myself then...
Nothing else was said.
And that's ok, because I feel content and calm. Now anyways.


If it's supposed to happen, then it will. If not- well...


5:23pm

I went on a stroll this afternoon with my trustworthy canine. We had a fantastic time soaking up the heat and sunshine and enjoyed the feeling of blood pumping through our active bodies. It took me all the courage I had to try and casually walk by his house-I saw that he was outside playing fetch with his dog. Muscles tensed, my eyes peaked through my raven tresses multiple times to see if he was looking...
You'd think I'd get used to this. He's lived by me my entire life and we still haven't actually gotten to know each other.

And then a thought struck me like a bolt of red hot lightening- What exactly do I have to lose? Nothing.
So I did it.
I waved.
He waved.

We got talking. It wasn't anything special. Just catching up. Small talk. Asked him about his mission and such- he asked me about what I'd been doing for the past 2 years.

And then..... !!!
And then he asked me for my number.

2 comments:

  1. ow, ow! looks... promising. which one is he, again? i'm having a hard time keeping all of them organized.

    ReplyDelete