Sunday, April 19, 2009

56

What a roller coaster Sunday it's been.
So much in fact that I just awoke from a remedial 5 hour nap.
Ugh.
I dislike napping.

Friends coming and going; the cause of the upheaval in my familiar sleeping patterns.
Mikey's homecoming at 9 am. It was wonderful to see him this time. He seemed much more convivial and relaxed then at Nicole's. This was fantastic and he delivered his homecoming speech with gusto. Seeing his parents made me very happy {I feel so much like I'm at home when I'm around them}, and at the after "party", sitting and listening to him recount adrenaline filled tales about the mission was exceptionally pleasurable. He actually looked at me today- in the eyes- and it was a relief to feel like I have another friend around these here parts.

Don't mind the 'hick-ness' of that accent. It has nothing to do with who I really am. :)

1pm, Alicia's farewell.
Again we headed to church and found ourselves in a very comfy aisle. Go us for being thrifty in our seating arrangements. The hymns had a huge impact on me as we sat through the meeting. And when Alicia gave her talk it was difficult not to let my eyes sweat a little. She's always been such an astounding example to me- I know of some of the events that have transpired in her life. It's been hard and mostly unfair, but she's happy and is looking to make sure others have that chance as well. It was beautiful- as she was, and that get together at her house was diverting. Capital weather, awesome pineapple and nice crispy water.

A good day.

But chockablocked and jam-packed to the rim with motility of/about life.
I came home, not intending to fall in slumber at all. I lay on my bed of roses and allowed my mind to unfold, and my tenseness unwind as I thought upon the conversations and all the words that were said {and not said}- and the impressions while being said. And then 5 hours later- I wake up.
Such a wasteful way to spend my awesome Sunday afternoon. It was an exceptionally grand day- and who knows if this kind of weather is going to stick around? I sure have no idea. Weather in this here town sure is testy. Again, take no head to the cowboy slurr.....

All things considered it has been 1 eye-opening and thought provoking day. I'm excited about the fact that I haven't freaked out yet and/or lost my marbles- as I thought would happen. Thus far into the game my demeanor has been calm, accepting, and patient and how blessed I feel for it. I'm confident about my feelings. And as I've said countless times before, I feel something very good, special, and life changing slowly making it's way towards me. The anticipation is killer, but I know that the wait will be more than worth it- whatever this "something" is.

In other news I climbed up to the top of the mountain and watched the sunset with Scott-last night. If I had known just how steep that stupid hill of dirt was, or how high he'd actually planned on hiking {and pushing our blasted bikes} I would not have accompanied him. My calves lit on fire. Imagine that, I dare you. The sunset was beautiful {but has anyone ever seen one that hasn't been?}, and the chat with him was..alright.



Side note- Sarah and I conversed about how strange it would be if your eyes gained weight. And we're not talking about your eye lids, or the parts underneath the blessed oculars.. your ACTUAL eyes....

"Hey slap Jack! Looks like you've been putting on some weight!"

*slap Jack attempts to blink but cannot because of the excessive poundage protruding out of his stretched sockets*

" Yes. I KNOW hot-needle Harry! My optic nerves are stretching under the weight, I can't seem to find an excersize to fix this"

Yeah, I just think it would be gross.



No comments:

Post a Comment