Thursday, April 23, 2009

60

"Parents, coddle me."

I. Am. Registered. For summer classes, and for fall classes.
Ahhh yeah...

I'm taking my remedial math course along with 2 courses {2 weeks=6 credits}- Geography of Africa, and Geography of Utah.
I'm also signing up to be a project manager for Engineers Without Borders to Thailand and to Guatemala because guess who's got the contacts! Me! Just call me "Champ" baby!!! I'm also signing up with VIDA {Volunteers Inside Developing Areas- or something} because they do similar projects, but the retreats aren't as expensive cha-cha-ching!- And so. I can plan out projects and be a "leader" {which will look FREAKING awesome on my transcript/resume} and get to work doing my part to help save planet earth {which is all I want to do}, and the people that live on it, but ALSO go and volunteer myself! Now let's ask myself a questions... Do I want to go to Africa?- um... yeah-freaking-yes-to-the-um-this-is-why-I'm-alive-I-can't-wait-to-see-the-homeland-sign-me-up-baby-yes. Is this what I want to do with the rest of my life? Uh-you-better-believe-it-oh-my-landa'-my-life-has-never-felt-more-wonderful-then-it-does-now-doo-op!

I'm so excited. Does it show?
My Academic Advisor is fantastic. He's a Marine Biologist, and every summer he goes back to Hawaii {can I please please come?} to work with sea turtles {uh.. I'm going to explode I'm so happy} and their conservation {can you think of anything better.. then conservation?}. Can we say WHAT TO THE WIZAP? Um, he's so cool, and uh.. alot of other really awesome words that describe the humble and capable, and loveable, and honorouble. And every time I talk to him, or to my other professors { I saw Prof. Alsop, my favorite professor- natural disaster guru... ahh... yeah.. *big eyes* *big smile*} I get excited about my field of study and everything feels so right. Explosive happiness.
I love people that love making a difference- all over the world, although I do support the local projects.

One little upset in the plan. Marty from Alaska called me this morning {in the middle of "Vegetarian Lifestyle" cooking course} and told me that if I change my mind within the coming week that they could still use me. I feel horrible, and I'm not going to lie- a second chance at this job offer is really looking appeasing, because I still sure as all get out don't have a job. Tony hasn't called me back, and Justin may already be done hiring.

*gulps*
What to do, what to do?
My summer all of a sudden is looking so awesome, with all my classes and I'm rarin' and ready to learn! I've been out of the loop, I miss my studies, I miss my projects, I miss talking about things that I care about, and studying how to change the things that I'm worried about. I feel fully fledged and fabulous when I think about school.
But then Alaska- uh, I love travel... everyone knows that. I want to go and get away and most importantly- they HIRED ME, and are willing to give me much of the mula that I so desperatly need.

I am conflicted.

I told Sarah Lynne to tell Justin that I used to work for the Queen of England in her gardens. That should give me the "in" in the green house position I'm looking for- right?. Besides, it's all about my major.. kinda.. not really. But I love plants. I like growing them, smelling them, looking at them, eating them.. its great!
Plants+Me= Together, which also = $$$
I don't see a flaw in this plan.. do YOU Justin? Just give me the job already! I will be the best employee you have ever seen.

*calms down*


So I'm feeling incredibly elated, but very terribly confused at the same time. Uh *looks around for help*... so for now I'm going to make a Greek salad {I'm salivating already}, put on a movie and block out reality.

I....amaze myself sometimes...

No comments:

Post a Comment