Saturday, April 25, 2009

63

Sarah Lynne came over last night and we talked things out.
It was really good to get everything out in the open, off my chest and into a place where I could see things differently. The problem is, it doesn't change the fact that I don't know what to do right now.

We cleaned out her room, and got rid of anything harmful that was in there.
I'm sure she was upset, but it's what the doctor ordered.
I think I was expecting her to explode, yell- even cry. She acted like nothing happened and I"m not sure which disturbs me more.

I'm letting the travel bug take over me again, there's always this impulse to run {ITR} when things get out of hand, or when I get stressed, or when my environment no longer supports my needs and so the rest of the evening was spent looking up volunteer projects and dates that we could jet off at.
Anyone interested in doing humanitarian service {and I highly recommend it to everyone} should check out this website. It's a new one, one that I haven't heard of before but it sounds like all my wildest dreams could come true. Over 80 countries, and each project is only $300. That doesn't include the airfare, but I've been involved in a number of groups and then entry fee is always up around $1000 and that normally doesn't include airfare- except Guatemala. I paid $1000 {and that's IT} for a month long trip to Guatemala.
Best trip. Ever.

www.vfp.com
Volunteers for Peace

It's incredible. And I can't believe I've never heard of this before. They are affiliated with over a 1,000 other programs and because of that they've been able to equalize the costs {$300} across the board. You can do service that involves kids, Aid/HIV, Environmental Conservation, Biology, Ecology, Botany, Cleaning up tourist beaches, Animals and wildlife.

It's IS a dream come true. We're thinking about this summer, but there are conflicts with my schooling- so of course I'm debating about whether or not I'm really going to take this Math course because I would so much rather go to Israel, Russia, Paraguay, Tajikistan or Hungary.
They aren't long projects {most of them}. 10 days, to 2 weeks. And if they want you to come for longer {like if you're going to go teach English} then they let you know when they need you and for how long.

So- now all I need is a job.
I'm so sick of this trashy cycle.
Why doesn't he just call me back?
Nothing's working out in this department -except Alaska- and I think I've made up my mind for realsies this time.

I'm NOT going.




I feel sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment