Friday, April 24, 2009

62

Power point.

For every type of ignorance there is some theoretical amount of formatting that will make it look brilliant. I can compensate for a lack of useful information by increasing the number of PowerPoint slides I use. After about a dozen slides my audience will slip into a trance-like state and fantasize about the afterlife. Anything I say after that will slither past their conscious minds and go directly into the subconscious, where it will burrow in, build a home, and years later show up on X rays as a tumor.

Glad I could get that out there.
I heard someone today use the phrase "Rules were made to be broken". This clever saying is right up there with other all-time great saying including "People were meant to be punched" and "Car were meant to be driven by drunks". {those rhymed, how silly} Someday I'd like to see a televised trial of a serial {cereal} killer whose lawyers sums up his case, "Hey, rules are made to be broken." The jurors would probably say "Why didn't he say that in the first place?" and "Good point".

It's a crazy world we live in- that's all I know.
I'd like to run the above idea up a flagpole and see who salutes. That's would be pretty interesting-don't you think? And if it doesn't work then we can just "throw that dead cat" in somebody else's back yard.
I don't know. It makes about as much sense as all other creative classifications.

Creative classification: The theory that a rhinoceros is exactly the same as a chipmunk with a big nose.

My point is that I am convinced that a skilled photographer could stick a camera up a mosquito's behind, snap a few rolls, and use Photoshop to make it look like the Grand Ballroom at Windsor Palace.
Tecnique is everything.
And most people will believe the unbelievable.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's been a pretty boring day. I cleaned Talisa's room with my mom, and then showered and got ready for the day {ready for what?}. I looked up a bunch of jobs on campus & off campus but didn't bother to apply to any. No motivation. At all. Maybe tomorrow. My financial aid finally came in and it's only going to cost me a little over $1000 for my summer semester, and about the same for my fall semester.
I'm so glad that my financial aid also gives me 1/2 off on all school books as well, supplies and whatever.. and not just tuition. I don't understand how people can actually go to school paying full tuition and what not. It doesn't seem possible to me.

It's almost on my monthlies, so I'm inhaling most food- but this time it's lots of fruit and veggies so we'll see what happens. Tonight the Office board game, a movie and friends. It should be pretty fun. It normally is. And uh... that's about it. Really unproductive and lazy. I napped. I DID work out for a bit- started a new dance routine which is turning out to be pretty fun.

I can feel the travel bug beginning to stir within me again. More than most things I want Sarah Lynne and Nicole Amy to join me in a 2 week long excursion to Greece. We could take some cooking courses, ride on the ferries, swim in the ocean.. find ourselves each a "Kosta's" and a fun summer fling- I don't see a problem with the idea except we're all out of a job {oh wait, Sarah Lynne got herself a job- woot woot!}. And then with school and everything. My travels might be done for the year.

I will be going to Texas which should be an adventure {I've never been...} and.. then I'm planning on some camping adventures which will probably just be in Utah.. but maybe we can plan for next summer to hit the Greek-ness.


And uh.. hopefully the temple tomorrow.
Nothing's really working out.
And what horrible timing, concerning... everything.


Ah! Time to step.


No comments:

Post a Comment