Monday, April 27, 2009

66

My dog jumped on my head this morning.
Twice.
----------------------------



Saturday I applied for about 8 jobs.
2 Responded today.

One, working in the Arts Museum up on campus. $7.75-ish.
And one working for Vector Marketing. All I know about Vector is they sell knives {not door to door which is good} and it pays about $14 an hour. I don't really have any of the other details. She was pretty shady on the phone.

But if I work that job, 40 hours a week for 4 months I'll make around $8000. Which I really need. I wouldn't have to work through my next year of school- plus I'd have all the money I need for Israel. Of course after all that I'll have to get another job because I"ll be flat broke- Again- or hopefully they would just work with me so that I could keep it.

And this all depends on if I like it.
And what if I hate it?
I need to have some kind of back up plan.

The green house isn't really working out. Why. I realize he's setting up a new store- but I just thought that he might have returned my messages to let me know the heads up. Especially since he's a family friend. And because I've called him about 3 times.... He could be super + {plus} busy, and I guess I get that.

Anyways, my interview is at 12:30pm. I'll do what it takes to get it I suppose. And if worse comes to worse I'll work there for a couple weeks and then hit the road looking for something else. I just hope it's manageable. And when I say "manageable" I mean it'll only be on those "ripping your hair out" kinds of jobs and not the "gouging your eyes out + ripping hair". I think I could handle that for 4 months. That's really all it will take- notice how I'm already pumping myself up for the interview. Not necessarily a good sign.
And I need to head up to campus to talk with Rachel about the Museum job. Even though it won't pay as much they might be more flexible with my summer school hours and what not- plus I wouldn't have bike to who the "h" knows where for this other job. It doesn't really sound like one of those jobs that they recommend you bike to- but it's the only mode of transportation and I sure don't want to buy a car. Not now anyways.






No comments:

Post a Comment