Tuesday, April 28, 2009

68

A list of 10 things random-all pertaining to me in some way or another:

1. I'm O.C.D. {Occupied Constantly and Distracted} about text messages in my "inbox" and "sent" folders . Once I've read them, gleaned what I can, and replied I HAVE to get rid of them. Nothing says "clutter" like hordes of text messages taking up storage space and cramping my style.

2. I play my ♬ music loud ♪. And drive fast. These go together, as well as seperate ↘ but mostly together. The only explanation I can give for this is the pleasure I gain from adrenaline rushes. And my beloved appreciation of all things musical.
It's freedom. It's power. It's expression. It's LIFE.

3. My pet peeve: When people take something innocent and turn it into something terrible, or smothered with negative connotations. For example: The Swastika 卐, was first use in Asia to symbolize love, life and luck against all things evil. Yin and Yang ☯- 2 parts of a whole signifiying queisence, altered to the number 69 which means nothing but sex. Granted unity of a man and woman are implied within the symbol- but it's been peverted and defiled. On a more simple level even things like Walt Disney- all the "hidden meanings" within the movies and whatever else these hoo-haws come up with. I have fond memories of Disney movies and the values they planted within. It bothers me when people try to taint those experiences with whatever they THINK they know. Can't we just leave them alone?

4. My favorite animal is an insect. The butterfly.
Red Butterfly Emoticon

Not only because they are beautiful and highly feminine, but because of all the symbolism that is attached to them. A butterfly is seen as the personification of someone's soul. Whether they be living, dying, or already dead. One Japanese superstition says that if a butterfly enters your guestroom and perches behind the bamboo screen, the person whom you most love is coming to see you. I support that! In Chinese culture two butterflies flying together are a symbol of love. Confession: I AM a romantic. Ever had "butterflies" when you're around someone you like? And can you think of anything sweeter then butterfly kisses {Maybe Eskimo, but I'm prejudice because I like butteflies more :D} And of course there is the symbol of rebirth and beauty. And of good luck. But it isn't all about the "untouchable" phenomena's, or the stories and myths/legends. The butterflies structure led to the development of kites and other aircraft designs- who doesn't want to fly? What's not to love about them!?

5. I believe that words and symbols are more powerful than anything else on earth. Stronger perhaps, than a face. Example: Anyone know who Gerald Holtom is? Many have seen his face. There's no doubt about that. And he's on my list of people to meet, and life examples. Anyone Anyone? Probably not, unless you're like me. That is to say an analytical that has to know everything about why, and how, and when, and what. Gerald Holtom is the creator of the peace symbol. And a personal hero to me.


6. I have a lot of questions. Like who decided that pressing their lips to anothers could be a sign of physical love and affection? Or why is the "bird" the bird? {This one I'm REALLY curious about, so you can guess I'll be doing some research.. as soon as I have all my other random questions answerd.} Who decided what words were curse words? And where in the world does the phrase "OK" come from... Whatevs. Accents? Time? Holidays?

7. I thoroughly enjoy being a woman.

8. I also think that the world is a very good place, despite what "he" or "she" says.

9. Anything burnt tastes better- as far as I'm concerned. This includes toast, turkey/chicken, popcorn, soup. Basically anything that can have charcoal forced upon it I'm more willing to eat then anything else. Especially burnt popcorn. Delicious.

10. [[[[I collect dead plants.]]]]] Not because I "accidently" kill them, but because I let them die and dry on purpose. .. I've got my reasons.


No comments:

Post a Comment