Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Murphy's Law

We all know what this is..
But if by some strange phenomena you don't know what Murphy's Law is, whatever you do- do NOT try and look it up. Your computer will crash, burst into flames- stimultaneaously, and then blow till' kingdom come, inTO your face. I'm serious.

Several things that I can affirm to be true, because of the way my afternoon has played out.

1/ The probability of being watched is directly proportional to the stupidity of your act.

I was dancing like a loon when my neighbor- who is old and therfore should have been taking a nap, trying to get out of a rocking chair, or taking a nap-glimpsed me through the bay window. {I realize this is stereotyping-don't judge me-, and I don't hate old people.. promise}

2/ Any tool, when dropped, will roll to the least accessible corner.

When carrying all my gardening tools down to the raspberry patch my small hand shovel {which of course it the tool I use the most} fell into the window well {about 6 ft down} and was snuggled in right next to the corner. It took me 10 minutes to get the sucker out. And then 7 minutes to get MYSELF out.

3/ The other line or lane will always move faster then the one you're in.

Driving into town- in a hurry for my interview everytime I switched lanes to get into the faster lane- the lane slowed down. Not only was I late, but I made myself look like an idiot in front of countless other drivers. I even saw one guy laugh at me as he passed.. in the fast lane.

4/ If you dial the wrong number you will never get the busy signal- someone will always answer.

Called this morning to say that I wouldn't make training because I'm feeling ill. I dialed the wrong number { and I thought it was the wrong number, but I gave myself the benefit of the doubt- red flag} some angry spanish lady answered and when I tried to say sorry she said something in spanish that I'm sure meant "moron", "dumb 'a'" or, "stupid" before hanging up.

5/ The severity of the itch is inversely proportional to the reach.

I've had an itch in the middle of my back all afternoon. But when I try and reach it, I can't. And when I go to rub my back-like an animal-on some kind of surface { the wall, the corner shower door, the wooden post holding up the hammock} it goes away. Oh, and someone always sees me trying to do this - refer back up to #1

6/ As soon as you find a product that you really like, they will stop making it.

While in town I tried to find another bottle of my favorite perfume, only to find out that they stopped making it but I could buy something similiar, for less, that smells nothing like it...


All of these have happened to me this afternoon. I am a survivor- unless when I try and post this entry the computer transforms into a hot dog and starts singing "God Save The Queen".



No comments:

Post a Comment