Thursday, May 21, 2009

86

Wowzer! Yesterday was glutted with passion busting events.
May 20th.
This day parallels many others, of several different years. And it reminds me of that song written by HelloGoodbye: Jessie Don't Buy Nothing...Go To Prom {I went to prom on the 20th of May. It was the worst date I've ever been on-still is-but whatevs}

In other front page headlines it is also the day that the First Counsel of Nicea met, Cher's birthday, and the day that Christopher Columbus died.
Shrugs. Just in case anyone cares. Besides me.

Where to begin the saga? First of all, my "a.m." was spent deep cleaning my room. This doesn't mean a whole lot-because my room stays immaculate. All the time. A fear of spiders keeps the clutter from piling up and the laundry from NOT being done. It felt good none-the-less because huspaz! We FINALLY fixed our vaccuum, and it runs smooth as Paul's lips!!...? Dusted, polished, reorganized my closet, watered plants, etc.

Following that I danced into the shower in preparation of going to the temple. I was on pins and needles, afraid that it wouldn't work out. Been attempting to split this for a long time. A couple months actually, but something always comes up. {Riiigghhtt} Everytime I warbled they put me on hold, and then had to call back, and then when I finally got through I offered them the wrong information. What a potential disaster! Thankfully it all worked out and Maren, Nicole Amy and I went to the 1 o'clock session. The first time I'd gone in about 12 years. The spiritual high was impressive and I felt on feathers the rest of the day. And it was fun to think about the parallels of how things were 3-4 years ago, and how everything has been a gradual and progressive change up unto this event.
After finishing up we walked around the grounds, ended up sitting under a bright purple tree, fountains gushing in the background, tulips suffocating the gardens. Beautiful.
It was pleasant to sit & catch up.

I've missed Maren Blaise, and the Feng Su. "Basically amazing".
What a good girl!


Around 2:30pm, I was blitzed to get to the Aquatic Inservice. They're overdoing these meetings, and I miss Jon as the boss but what can ya do right? We went over CPR {all areas} and then Lifeguard Rescues and the EAP {Emergency Action Plan}. It was all good information, and I will admit that the refresher was really helpful but... 3-8:30pm? Was that necessary? Not at all. We were done with CPR in like 2 hours, and Lifeguarding shouldn't have taken that long. The tests were a picnic, and it's gratifying to have myself recerted. I suppose I was anxious about it taking so long was because of my plans last night. I was spending some alone time- for the 1st time since he's been back- with Mike. And the first time since I last went on a date with him- 3 years ago on the 20th {Prom}. There's all sorts of lines that could be drawn on May 20th. What a great day!
It was also on this day, in 1999 that I wrote in my journal that he would end up taking me.

Funny huh?

I missed the boat and ended up being late anyways. Arriving with sopping wet hair and chlorinated skin. He didn't seem to mind, and once I got there I didn't really care either. I was just so elated to see him. Finally, by myself withOUT Jarren there prying into our personal background, and Nicole Amy letting her mouth run wild with humiliating stories about me while he's been gone. And without everyone else that seems to monopolize every conversation I've had with him since April 15th.

Brent was there for awhile, but then he took off. [[[ IN PRESSING NEWS THAT I JUST REMEMBERED BRIAN WAS GETTING HIS MISSION CALL LAST NIGHT! WHAT!!??]]] We sat and talked for a good hour and a 1/2. Mostly about his mission in LA- but I didn't even care because I find it so interesting. And when someone is really passionate about something, it's hard not to feel how they're feeling about it. By the end we were both freaking out about how awesome the gospel is, and what wonderful miracles can happen in the most random people's lives- ours included.
Also, we're planning a trip to LA in August so that he can show me where he served, let me meet converts that he baptized, etc. Should be really fun, and I'm looking forward to it.

Things finally white-washed compos mentis. It's been a little weird&eccentric with everyone else scuttlebuttin' for us. But last night it was really choice to just be with ourselves- epiloguing for ourselves. It was a lovely feeling. Nothing romantic, at least nothing that I noticed, just friendship- and that's what I've been hoping for the past 3 years.

I was so [[comfortable.]]
Hmmm.

Jarren texted me towards the end of our conversation and I had to head home. But tonight he's coming over to help me get Nicole Amy's birthday present together.
Jarren, Sarah Lynne, and Jeff came over {last night}- and the present is looking so freaking gnarly! When it's finished I'm going to post photos of it. I really hope she likes it.

What a great day yesterday was, and it feels like today will be the same.
On Sat. I want to go to the amusement park because St. Gizzy didn't work out this weekend- timeshares!! What! Next week though, for sure, because I finally booked enough in advance! Ah yeah! The entire weekend with Meggae Reggae!

Ahh!
It can't come soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment