Friday, May 22, 2009

88

I fell into bed ready to drop last night. And was almost instantly shanghai'd by oh blessed siesta. Dreamless slumber- and then.... our fire [[alarm]] went off. Blaring shamelessly. At 4 o'clock in the blasted "a.m."! I heard my mom and daddy scuttling about trying to figure out what's going on with all the noisy commotion. Everything was still a little murkey, because I was still attempting to figure out what was going on. Hazy. Bleary. Crepescular. You name it. I was it.

My mom bustled into my normally serene cubbyhole.
"Chels, are you burning something in here?"
"Are you serious? It's 4 in the morning. 4!! And what would I be burning?"
.......(door shuts)

A few minutes later, Daddy
"Chels, we may need to get everyone out of the house"
"The alarm is off dad"
"Oh yeah"
"Go back to bed daddy"
"Night chels"
......(door shuts)

Following that episode of chaos I couldn't dip back into my REM cycle. Every time I sealed my oculars an upsetting image from Angels and Demons sneakily crept to for forefront of my frontal lobes. So they kept snapping open against my physical will. So vexed, but so reluctant to padlock my peepers. And then my eyeballs started seeing shapes in my darkened room, and I could have sworn that a member of the secret society was sitting casually, but menacingly in my desk chair- it's incredible what a pile of clothes can morph into, in the early hours of the morning. Heh. So after doing this for a good hour or so I finally decided to get up, cross my room, and turn on a light. It took me a long time to feel brave enough to get out of bed, and then to tip toe across my carpet passing the foreboding swa-ivel chair to switch the light.

The light flickered on, and my spirit sighed in relief. Just clothes. No secret combinations plotting against my life, no Catholic conspiracy, nothing. Just a pile of clothes. And 1 stupid girl.

I went back to bed and fell asleep promptly. And just as the REM began.. again, my phone alarm began it's customary jingle. 7:00 am. *blinks*


I debated for a good 45 mintues whether or not I wanted to go on the hike. Hadn't gotten to much sleep, was starving, not a good hiker- as much as I like to lie to myself about it, bad ankles, inadaquate shoes, grass allergies, cliffs, bad tracktion, morning? I mean... need I go on? Dah! I ended up going anyways, because I really do want to get in BETTER shape. So we headed up, a little later then we planned because everyone was gone, along with all the cars so Nicole Amy had to come and pick me up {my apologies dearest, next time- I drive}, and then sped{well, not because Nicole was driving} up the canyon.

Thank goodness I went! It was a gorgeous hike, the waterfall was enjoyable to walk through, the wind caves were INCREDIBLE!. I can NOT believe I've lived here most of my life and never been up there. So we made a plan- an new trail every week, or as often as we can make out schedules work together. Plus she's giving me lessons on becoming a good winker- cause I wanna be.


And now..

Family is going down to the BIG city. Visiting friends, and what not. Debating about whether or not I'm going to go. They are visiting Bonnie, and Monjoo. And are having authentic Indian {food ;) } for dinner. Ugh. I can't appreciate it. And then, while the parents converse they expect us to just.. hang out at the GateWay...

Uh. Gag me.
So it will probably result in me staying here, which is just as well because I need to work on Nicole Amy's present some more, Mike is wanting to do his room, I'm still a baby zombie because of the lack of sleep, and now my body is in full revolt from the hike- which took forever because neither one of us is strong hikers. And uh... it would be nice to have some peace and quiet for a bit.


No comments:

Post a Comment