Friday, June 19, 2009

106

Holy Snichke!
The last 3 days have changed my whole outlook on "the man" and the "American Dream". 3 jobs. 12-14 hour days this past week. And I thought I got Saturday off from all three places of employment.. to only find out tonight at about 10 pm that I have to guard (and vomit) tomorrow from 9-5pm, oh and did I mention that they want us to come in at 7:30 am to swim the Cooper? Yeah.....So there goes all my hopes and dreams for a non-job day this week. At least I'll have Sunday.. but it's not the same thing. You guys get it right? I haven't even had a chance to enjoy Summerfest, which is one of the grandest things this valley does in commemorations of art, music, and food. Sighs.

Napping. That's all I'm gonna be doing Sunday. That's not the point though! I wanted to discuss what's happened this past week- not my future!! Because it feels like so much and I'm busting to.. get this out of my system.

Working at Elements is more fun than I planned on it being. I dunno. I've worked in a kitchen before and (again) I don't know. I was worried about having weird flashbacks (not to say that it HASN'T happened)... but I just wasn't sure how things would play out. Turns out I can pretty much do what I want as long as I cook, prepare, and sauce up everything that I need to and in a timely manner. I've got my own set of classy knives that will last me...well it's a lifetime garauntee so.. va-bam! I can listen to my music all day long- as long as I can hear when people are yelling my name (this is pretty easy to do). And I'm learning how to cook which I've been trying to do for quite some time.

It's fun. I'm even learning some Espaniol! Because more than 1/2 the employees are Hispanic. It was comical my first day there when everyone started yammering spanish to me and all I could say was.. "Uh?" It's pretty fun. Not all of them are married, but the vast majority are. It doesn't matter- the way they flirt with me I feel like I'm having an affair with like... 15 men all at the same time (Can any of YOU beat that? Didn't think so). But it's innocent and hilarious so I don't feel to bad. Oscar, Fernando, Dustin, Zacharias, .. oh goodness.

Oscar is hot.
He's also 42 which is .... unfortunate but not really that important.... heh.. Is it wierd that I fantasize about a 42 year old Mexican man? I don't care, it's not like I can help it (especially when I'm making Teriyaki sauce.. which JUST SO HAPPENS TO BE MY FANTASY FOOD!). He's just.. there.
But hot dang (MEGGAE)! I'd "cha-cha" with him any day! Bah! Just kidding kids.. but slightly not really.
It was pretty overwhelming when we sat and chit chatted in the walk-in-freaking-freezer.
(Wistie....)

Anyways. I'm learning how to make heaps of stuff, and picking up some spanish, and I'm making friends, and I have this expensive yet classy set of knives- and Oscar.
I'm also getting a car. finally. Having someone drive me everywhere was starting to get a little lame ( alot lame). It's not a Subaru and although I am terribly 'sadfaced" about this.. it's alright. It's a 2002 Hatchback Saturn 3-door. I don't know anything about Saturns. But it's black interior & exterior.. 40 miles per gallon, light weight and fuel efficient, standard, [[[[[FANTASTIC]]]]] sound system which was the clencher.. and uh.. yeah. It's just be good to have my own set of wheels to get me to and fro. Ya know? Bah! Rhyming!!

I really miss Emily, even though we've been texting more than.. usual? I don't know actually.. Just thought I'd throw that in there. Speaking of Em, she totally missed out bangin' Office party which was.. one of the best parties I've ever gone to/thrown/slash uh? Classic photo to soon be posted. We ate Chinese, watched our favorite episodes, ate jello and mixed berry yogurt, did a cross word puzzle and of course the number of times we used That's what she said" and busted up were inumberable. Pretty amazing, and I totally needed it. Maybe not being with everyone so much as just laughing.
Ah yeah. Laughing.

Things with Mike are done. :D :D :D :D :D And I'm not setting foot (or arm, or thigh, or ear) in that arena ever again. And I don't feel upset about that as much as I just feel squirmy about the way that he treated... and is still treating me. Like how he thinks that just because I'm being abnormally patient with him that he can just walk all over me and be reckless with my feelings. Be some kind of 2nd alternate and think I'm cool with it. I've been thinking about things alot the past couple of nights. There's been a waterfall of tears.. not for him. Or for the situation necessarily.. but just because....
A lots happened with my friends, and family. And life isn't fair-as is ALWAYS the case. And I guess I keep thinking that one day it will be.. but really. I can't explain it. I'm not really sad per sey, or upset at all.... I'm just coming to terms and I'm happy.
Tears of understanding. I think that's the best way I can describe it.
So.. there.
Anyway. I'm cool with it and I feel good about my decisions. And the way I handled things. How patient I was. How honest I was. There's no regrets on this end and that's the most I hope for in every relationship I ever have so. Mission Accomplished.

I'm leaving for Texas on Monday. My new cars maiden voyage. It's going to be pretty sweet. And it'll be good to fly the coop and get AWAY from everything and everyone here. yeah. It'll be good to be in the HEAT (105 degrees down there right now!) and to sweat! I'm super excited.
Work at the pool is comical as ever. I'm so glad that Thomas is there or I might just punch myself in the head with a screw driver so.. that's pretty sweet! Bailey came today. Silly kid.
It's fun. I love people watching.

Sara Fisher called me today! I'm so excited to talk to her, and I'm talking to Gina about coming to visit her in Korea for a week in August.. so that should be tight. Still don't know if I'm going to school in fall though I'm signed up. I might move away, just for some space.. to many hurt feelings in the valley I think. And I never thought of it that way until I talked to Marshal. We're so similar. And I feel exactly the same way he does... so maybe a move would be a good thing.
We'll see right? There's so much coming up in the future and so many things to plan for.



I hope I can keep up.
:D


That was nowhere near all that I had to say... butIcan'teventhinkanymore. :D












1 comment:

  1. i was going to say something about kitchens and walk-in freezers but you saying my name parenthetically with an ellipsis was enough.

    sounds like you lead quite the exciting life.

    i miss your whole self!

    ReplyDelete