Friday, October 9, 2009

172

Barrack Obama won the Nobel Peace Prize.

"I've got an old broken vacuum cleaner in my closet.
If Obama doesn't work out maybe that can be" president.

First of all I'd like to define what exactly the Nobel Peace Prize. Here's a quote: In his 1895 will, Alfred Nobel stipulated that the peace prize should go "to the person who shall have done the most or the best work for fraternity between the nations and the abolition or reduction of standing armies and the formation and spreading of peace congresses."

I'd like someone to tell me exactly what he's ( Obamanation) accomplished since he's been put in office. Give me some ideas of what he's done to better America that makes him so worthy for this prize. What has the man actually achieved? Or was it merely his "star power".

Has he taken measures to end the war in Iraq? No. We theorize they won't be sending anyone home until 2012. And that figure it redundant because he's actually asking for more troops to aid the war in Afghanistan. 40,000 more at least. What about "Sunlight Before Signing? That went bust. In fact, I'm going to start a list right here of all the things he said he would instigate. Here we go:

Eliminate capital gains taxes for small businesses.
New American jobs tax credit
Hiatus on 401K plans
Loosening the grip of lobbyist on Washington
Earmark reform
Bringing the troops home ( see above )
Signing the "Freedom of Choice Act"
Making college affordable to everyone ($4000)
.. there are more.

It's like all his statements came with an expiration date. And guess when it was? Day 2 after being put in office. I don't know anyone that goes to the store and buys milk within 2 days of it's expiration date. Rot. That's what this is.

The prize should go to someone that has effected peace and change, not some effing American celebrity. Where is the change? Are we counting ridiculous bailout plans that mimic the 1930's, did I mention the Obama Chant? Are these contributions? Are THESE the reasons they're talking about? I'll write more on this later, I think I'm to fired up right now to write a nice, constructed blog about my feelings on the matter.

Maybe the idea is reverse psychology. Let's give him a prize so that he'll actually DO something. That would make sense.
It works on children, why wouldn't it work for him?

No comments:

Post a Comment