Tuesday, November 23, 2010

405

Travesty's of international proportions.
1. I can't find my bloody camera


2. Blizzard? Really?



One of those days where I just need to sit and write for a bit. About nothing in particular. It's cold and gray, I've got the canines curled up on the couch, house is empty (kitchen is a mess-don't look, don't look), shoulders sore, but it's good to be warm and drinking wild raspberry tea.

I follow this girl on tumblr because she puts of the most amazing pictures ever. But in between them she puts little prompts on things to write about. So I'm going to do a couple of those until I figure out how to put into words what I want to.

1. What's Your Middle Name And How Do You Feel About It
Jo. That's my middle name. And it and I have had a love hate relationship over the course of my life. It's taken from my great great grandmother. Growing up I really disliked it, I felt it was a boys name and that was embarrassing. In highschool my friend Linds, knowing that I didn't really care for it started calling me Chelsea Mae-which I liked much more. Then one day I learned some more about my great great grandmother Jo. I realized she was an amazing woman with an incredible story and that hopefully, the reason my parents had named me after her, was because they believed that one day I would be able to fit those shoes as well. I have a lot to live up to with the opportunity of carrying on her name, and if I were ever to pass it along to one of my children I would have the similar expectations. I hope I do well to keep her good name, good.
2. Favorite TV Shows
Only in 2010 right? I don't watch to much TV, but I do have a few I prefer when I DO find myself watching. The Cosby Show is HANDS DOWN my favorite. Bones, Biggest Loser, Hells Kitchen, Top Chef, Gossip Girl, the Office, and I was a fan of Lipstick Jungle for awhile but I'm sure they don't make that show anymore. TV. Yeah. I'd rather read but, there ya go!
3. Your Favorite Season And Why
Summer. Of course. The reason? Everything that I love happens or IS in summer. Sunshine, cloudless blue skies, the smell of freshly cut grass, hot asphalt, barefootedness, tan lines, vacation fever/trips, camping, sweat, outdoor activities and sports, free time, fun love, summerfest, swimming, heat, sugarfree snowcones, biking everywhere, G comes back, lady bugs, butterflies, moths, golden mountains, warm rain, crickets singing, working with Daddy, volleyball Tuesdays, airplanes, lawn naps, sidewalk chalk, body painting, waterfights, fruit smoothies, first dam cardboard boat making, canoeing, and kayaking, floating the canal, new movies, concerts, humming birds, money, sleeping in undies, night games and stargazing, morning hikes, laughing, the list seriously could go on and on. I. Am. Summer.Summer. Is. Me.
4. Your Least Favorite Movie{s}
Number one: The Labrynth with David Bowie. HATE that movie. With the exception of Toy Story 1&3 and Finding Nemo- all Disney Pixar films. Alice In Wonderland ( Tim Burton version), the Grudge ( I will never see another scary movie again. Ever), Hairspray, Madagascar ( all of them-I like the penguins, but not enough to ever see those movies again.), um, I might get in trouble for this one because I only saw part of it but.. Dumb and Dumber. Couldn't get into it, not my sense of humor, Edward Scissor Hands [I will never understand the hype around this movie], as long as we're talking about Johnny Depp I'll go ahead and put Secret Window on the list [ any scary movie goes on this list. Hate em'], Jaws, Fight Club.. that's all I can think of right now. I guess this question begs the next:
5. Your Favorite Movies {s}
Narnia. Enough said. Yes. Pride and Prejudice comes next (the Keira Knightly version). Sorry, but Darcy is swoon worthy material. Harry Potter movies ( they just keep getting better and better) The Interpreter, Twilight series, Count of Monte Cristo, Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants (both), WallStreet-Money Never Sleeps, Jumper, Letters to Juliet, Highschool Musical (all of them), Land Before Time, Mr&Mrs Smith, Night at the Museum (both). National Treasure (first one), Shawshank Redemption, Inside Man, Eagle Eye, Iron Man1&2, The Proposal, The Illusionist, While You Were Sleeping, Funny Girl, Mary Poppins, Sound of Music, Pearl Harbor, Titanic, March of the Penguins, Oceans, Enchanted, Golden Compass, James and the Giant Peach, Who Killed the Electric Car and more.

Just found this: When's the last time you saw such a beautiful specimen? I'm not talking about the dog, I'm talking about this 70's crushed velvet antique. So ugly. So perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment