Saturday, May 16, 2009

82

Community service project this morning. We labored in an older lady's backyard removing 2 stumpy trees, raking out all the dead{ly} grass by her fence and pruning bushes/hedges/maple trees. We also vellicated weeds and reassembled her brick-stone walk way that had been invaded by tresses and thriving dandelions. I wanted to take photos -- it's interesting to see before and after but.. whatevs. Wasn't feeling quite THAT comfortable. Jibblies.

It was a really fluid, peaceful first blush, and it felt invigorating to be outside and active in the early a.m. hours- and not have it be because I'm obligated to go to work, but because I wanted to.

That was the favored bit. Being able to have a choice. Not that I dislike my actual job-at all- I'm extremely blessed- but... well whatever. I don't need to explain this.
They had Creamies for us, ugh- 2 thumbs down.
So after about an hour or 2 I headed home to give daddy a break of baby-sitting.

It was pretty pleasant, having a couple hours of peace and quiet to myself. Lately everything feels so loud and up in my face.

Speaking of face...
Last night Mike taught us a new game. It's almost like "Snap" but much more extreme and better-er-er-er-er. It was lively and really optimism inducing to see that he's relaxed and is much more comfortable around me. In fact...he bantered a wee bit whilst playing Scattagories {sp? I cant even be bothered to try again}. I realized something that I haven't really paid much attention to- my friends and I really like word games, and games where you get to yell alot. *sighs a very content sigh* I love it. I love them. Everything was perfect last night.
I won 2 rounds of "ExSnap" and then came in second on Scatt. Overall, one of my better nights lately. It felt good to not be on edge, or facing some kind of competition. Weather displayed {like a tornado on TV, or a thunderclapping tsunami}.... Whether like that by myself, or someone else.

Hm.

After the yard work in the sunrising hours, I had another Inservice meeting at the pool. It was our "in-water tests". We practiced rescues, reviewed rescue breathing, CPR, First Aid, and Spinals. I have a tan line already, and was only outside unprotected from the sun for about 2 hours. A lovely color. We also did something new this year. They had to swim a couple laps wearing sweats. Sweat pants and sweat shirts. Uh... I've been a competitive swimmer almost 1/2 my life and I almost died. My legs are still cramping a little- but it made me think about what I'm going to be wearing this summer. They expect a drowning. We've gone 9 years without one, and apparently that makes us over due. Most pools {according to some guy that probably made up the statistic to get a bonus on a paycheck} have 1 drowning ever 3 years.

Huh.

And now I'm home, tired and hungry waiting for my veggie burger to cook so I can head back over to Nicole's. Fire tonight up Green Canyon with Jarren, Mike, Nicole, and some other people. Sarah Lynne decided not to come, something must have happened this weekend with her family that she's wanting to recover from. Is it bad that I just don't want to chat with her about it- tonight anyways? Sometimes I feel like I'm a bad friend because I don't want to baby-sit {I realize this isn't the right wording, I'm just tired} everyone all that time. But this is how it's always been. Chelsea- the friend counselor, primary advice go-to-er, and uplifter with perspective.


I do it, because for a long time- no one did that for me.


Dah! Now I'm going all emo. I'm really hungry.

cheers!



No comments:

Post a Comment