Sunday, March 28, 2010

250

My head's spinning. Hypersonic-like.

I'm sure it has something to do with sponging up chalk/dry powder through every jimmy in my face (mouth, nose, oculars, etc). Worth it though. Completely worth it. This was my first year going down to the Festival of Colors so I wasn't sure what to expect. Of course I DID expect us to get down there ON freaking time but I should have known better with Nicole being the driver. Bless her heart {i.j}.

Because we were late they were {sold out of powder} which was really irritating. I mean we got some color-of course-, but not as much as I would have liked- especially for my first time going down there. Ugh. There's no use whining about it but freak- maybe we'll have to grind some neon chalk and have our own fiesta because I feel I've been robbed of a really incredible experience.

[I love how in this picture you can see the shadow of Clayton taking our picture. Sigh]

The music was really fun to dance to, lots of crowd surfing, shoe throwing, and laughing. I had a pretty awesome time- and Evan met me down there! I'll admit I was a little nervous about this meeting, mostly because it's been awhile since I've seen and spent time with him face-to-face, one-on-one. It's fine that we talk EVERY day but, well we get it. It was FANTASTIC. There was one awkward moment all evening-for me-which is record breaking in my book and the rest of the time was full of his dry humor and me laughing till' my sides hurt. I wish he smiled more, he has wonderful teeth.

SO good to see him again.
After we toured the temple, bought his sisters some pressies, checked out the pond, and took some pictures we headed back to his car to go meet up with the others.
Nicole, Clayton, Lauren, Steven, Sarah, and Laurens step mom and Dad saved us seats at Callie's Place and we spent the rest of the night listening to drunken fools sing kareo while we ate. It was ridiculous, but the food was really good.

One sweet time but I'll admit I felt a little anxious and sad when it was time to leave. I'm so comfortable around him-maybe TOO comfortable but it's not something I think I should stop. So we'll see what happens. He may or may not stop in town before he heads back up to school- I'm really hoping he does, so all of you cross your fingers for me.

Time to church it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment