Tuesday, April 20, 2010

267


{{Music.}}
Sunshine.
If I could put today in a bottle and save it- I WOULD. ( that would make an interesting picture)
Today in my social work class we discussed physical and mental disabilities. He asked us if we'd rather lose our hearing or vision. That was rough, because I LOVE both so much. When it came down to it, I found myself picking hearing- but it was difficult.

As I listened in class I suddenly had the desire to kneel down right then and there and thank the God I love and believe in for my body and the amazing things it can do. I can run! And jump! Swim and fly! I have decent hearing, decent eyesight and a mouth full of working taste buds! I don't have many physical problems and I've been blessed to be healthy and strong. Of course it has it's imperfections, many in fact- but I LOVE my body so much and I'm doing my best to take care of it in the way that He'd WANT me to. It's an amazing gift, and I don't think I show as much appreciation for that as I should. I don't acknowledge the miracles it performs every single day ENOUGH. I haven't been this AWARE of it for a long time. But I am now. And I'm thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment