Sunday, December 12, 2010

427

"The first step to apostasy is hating church art." RizD. people are crazy.

Sacrament meeting today was amazing. All about the atonement, how to apply it, and the "cunning plan of the evil one"- all around it was everything I needed to hear. Plus, because it's December we get to sing the Christmas hymns (which personally I enjoy SO much). Skipped out on Sunday school and did some of my own personal scripture study in the foyer. Again, everything that I read today just really hit me hard in the face.

D&C 98:1-3

"Verily I say unto you my friends, fear not, let your hearts be comforted; yea, rejoice evermore, and in everything give thanks; Waiting patiently on the Lord, for your prayers have been entered into the ears of the Lord of Sabaoth, and are recorded with this seal and testament- the Lord hath sworn and decreed that it shall be granted. Therefore, he giveth this promise unto you, with an immutable covenant that they shall be fulfilled; and all things wherewith you have been afflicted shall work together for your good, and to my names glory, saith the Lord"

Needed that. In fact that entire section I feel was written for me in this particular time. And it's awesome because it's not like I let my scriptures fall open and bam, there it was. I read pretty consistently and this just so happened to be where I was at. Not a coincidence. Not even close.
And the reminder was something that really calmed me down. Thank goodness.

In Relief Society we talked about the Sacrament, which was also another big eye opener for me on this day. This morning before church some interesting things happened. Not going to go too much into it, but the experiences I'm going through right now are strengthening me and helping me to become the person I know I want to be. And having that reminder come up time and time again is really helping me push through this.

It's a little odd how that's happening ( or maybe not so odd)
I feel alone all the time.
And I feel like no one could ever understand exactly what it is that I feel. The whole thing drives me to the Savior because he's the only one that knows. And even in my darkest moments where I feel like I'm about to give up, or am giving up- I know that if I just hold on that second longer, or minute, or whatever is that he'll rescue me BECAUSE I'm trying. Knowing that he'll never leave me is really the only thing sustaining me right now- and I'm so grateful because I've come to know and understand certain things so much better.


I love my Savior.
And I should be doing more to keep his good name good.

Good experiences today.
Now I'm home. Gonna grab some food, and dive into bed.
So tired.


I love Sundays.

No comments:

Post a Comment