Thursday, November 3, 2011

590

Went in for the ultrasound today at 4pm. My anticipation over the last 2 weeks has been mounting and poor Cristian, I was almost crying by the time we got in today. I wasn't sure how I'd feel seeing the baby. Would I be excited or scared? Sad or happy? The best case scenario in my mind was that I would probably feel all of those things and have some kind of nervous breakdown.

Not quite.
We went through all the clinical stuff. Medications I can take, stuff about diet and exercise, etc, etc. And then we went in for the ultrasound. I honestly couldn't breath properly and my hands shook as I lifted up my shirt across my belly. She put that blue stuff on my stomach, lowered her little instrument and bam... there it was up on the screen. We watched it move an arm up and down and it's little leg stick up. It was crazy seeing it but then something else happened that blew my mind.

The heart beat. I almost started crying but couldn't hear or see Cristian out of the corner of my eye and didn't want to burst into sappy girly tears. I held it together until we made it to the car and then my mom called to see how it was. I started crying on the phone. It was what I thought... I felt excited but scared, sad but so insanely happy I didn't know what to do with myself. Cristian was awfully quiet. We both were, just taking in the experience we'd just had. My baby is healthy-perfect heart beat, 2 legs 2 arms and looking great. I'm eleven weeks and my doctor adjusted the due date to May 24th.


Crazy things happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment